Mercantile 12 is currently hiring for the following Napa, CA based opportunities.
Working under the direction of the Production, Sales, and Art departments, the Graphic Designer will execute regular artwork needs for Mercantile 12. Much of their time will be devoted to custom orders. Our line of gifts feature designs created in-house which can be customizable with a winery name or a location name-drop.
The Graphic Designer will become an expert on our product line, our customizable designs, and specific product specs, and can interface professionally and efficiently with clients and our internal team. They understand the fundamentals of screenprinting and pre-press. This role is for a fast learner, self starter, and detail obsessive who keeps fastidious notes loves working in a fast-paced team environment!
• Custom Projects (anywhere between 5-15 a week, depending on season)
⁃ Track with Production & Sales Manager on custom orders
⁃ Adapt artwork to customer specs
⁃ Proof virtuals from vendors against specs with 100% accuracy
⁃ Photoshop mock ups
⁃ Generate PDF of mock ups in InDesign
⁃ Exhibit extreme diligence in maintaining correct artwork files on Dropbox
• Marketing Collateral & Assets
⁃ Update and design sell sheets, price sheets, brochures, catalog based on existing templates
⁃ Occasionally design assets for social and digital marketing
• General In-House Design Tasks
⁃ Generate new versions of existing designs for sales teams
⁃ Create PDF presentations based on templates for sales teams
⁃ Photoshop various products for marketing needs
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite–Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
• Diligent with file organization
• Self-managing, efficient, and responsive
• Understands printing processes and designing for physical product
• Ability to adhere to templates and style guides
• Gets the wine country aesthetic
• Good branding intuition
• Thrives in small business environment
• Interest in wine country lifestyle & maybe even the wine business!
• Eager to learn and grow within a small company and take on more responsibility
• Marketing savvy
• Skill + style to develop new product designs for our line
• A love of our product line! You want to carry our totes and tumblers around with you!
2+ years experience as a graphic designer, including a graphic design degree, is definitely a plus, but recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Portfolio should demonstrate a proficient level of skill and style congruent with the Mercantile 12 brand. Flexible 15-20 hours/week, able to work mostly remote.
Please send a 1-page cover letter that demonstrates your interest in Mercantile 12 and your specific skills as a designer, your resume, and link to a portfolio site to email@example.com.
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Our Social Media Coordinator will join our team on a part-time basis with potential for growth into a more encompassing digital marketing role. You love wine country and “get” the look, lifestyle, and could see yourself as our customer, too! You’re excited about our product line and generating on-brand, lively, engaging content that highlights both Mercantile 12 and the wine country lifestyle.
• Social Content Creation & Management
⁃ Regular use of Hootsuite to monitor community engagement
– Posts to Instagram 4-5 times/week
– Gathers images + content from wineries, vineyards, local shops, etc.
– Instagram giveaways and retail campaigns
– Uses Tailwind for Pinterest on weekly basis
– Natively understands stories, hashtags, location tagging, and how to utilize them for best reach
– Generates sponsored posts under guidance of marketing team
– Facility with Instagram stories a plus
• Email Marketing
– Coordinate in weekly marketing meetings on campaign concepts
– Size images and edit HTML to create dynamic marketing emails
– Upload and schedule through ZOHO CRM system
– Writes clean, on-brand copy with a professional and friendly tone for social posts and marketing emails
– Can draft concise small paragraphs from bullet points
– Assists President in posting articles of interest on tourism, wine country and wine on our WordPress site
Ideal candidates will demonstrate an ability to reach a style and voice congruent with Mercantile 12’s well-established brand.
Compensation hourly/DOE. Hours and office days are flexible, around 12-18 hours/week. Potential for more hours assisting in other departments.
Please send a 1-page cover letter that demonstrates your interest in Mercantile 12 and your skills in social media, your resume, and link to any other relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org.