Working under the direction of the Production, Sales, and Art departments, the Production Designer will execute regular artwork needs for Mercantile 12. Much of their time will be devoted to custom orders. Our line of gifts features designs created in-house which can be tailored with a winery name or a location name-drop.
- Custom Projects (anywhere between 5-15 a week, depending on season) Iterating Mercantile 12 Designs
- Adapt artwork to customer specs
- Photoshop mock ups
- Create Presentation PDF of mock ups in InDesign Showing Customized Merchandise for approval
- Asset Management: Exhibit extreme diligence in maintaining correct artwork files on Dropbox
- Design Emails
- Marketing Collateral + Assets
- Update and design sell sheets, price sheets, brochures, catalog
- Lay out Packaging, Business Cards
- Website Updates
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite–Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Proficient in WordPress
- Good hand-sketching skills
- Understanding of printing processes and designing for physical product (textiles and hard goods)
- Gets the wine country aesthetic
- Innate branding intuition
- Self-initiating; detail driven, thrives in small business environment
- Responsible, extremely well-organized;tracking artwork status and coordinating with Account Management
- Ability to adhere to templates and brand style guides
- Interest in wine country lifestyle– maybe even the wine business!
- Great, expressive writing skills to generate on-brand marketing copy
- Eager to learn and grow within a small company and take on more responsibility
- Marketing savvy and interest in the brand
- A love of our product line! You want to carry our totes and tumblers around with you!
Ideal candidates will have a portfolio that demonstrates an ability to reach a style congruent with Mercantile 12’s well-established brand. This is an opportunity with big possibilities for growth as both this position and the company are growing rapidly.
2+ years experience as a graphic designer, including a graphic design degree, is definitely a plus, but recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Compensation hourly/DOE.
Please send a 1-page cover letter that demonstrates your interest in Mercantile 12 and your skills as a designer, your resume, and link to a portfolio site. Thanks for your interest and we’re looking forward to reviewing your work!