Mercantile 12 is hiring!
for Napa-based opportunities.
Print Production Manager
The production manager will be dedicated to the success of our fast-growing company celebrating the wine country experience. Supporting our sales team + facilitating their success is important to you. You’re a leader with a sense of urgency, + dedicate yourself to the growth of our company, making a market in wine country souvenirs. You are responsible for the successful + expedient production + fulfillment of in stock + custom orders created by our sales team. You’re a brilliant multitasker + pitch in wherever needed, (you’re not above packing boxes in the warehouse!) to hit the sales goals for the week or month. You’re high energy, intrinsically motivated, and a strong prioritizer.
Using our online sales and purchase order management system, and Quickbooks, you will drive accurate + expedient purchasing + production for our localized + customized product line, overseeing fulfillment and forecasting and ordering inventory. You’ll update and manage daily activity reports monitoring timelines for prompt purchasing + fast fulfillment.
A background in promotional products, marketing or agency print production, screen printing or a printing company is a great place to start. If you are entrepreneurial, self-motivated, take initiative, proactively prioritize, and are intrinsically responsible, this is a great environment for you. If you love the whole wine country experience, + desire a growth opportunity, send us a cover letter and your resumé.
- 2 Years Production Experience in Agency, Promotional, or Print Environment
- Proficiency with Office 365 Applications, especially Excel
- Knowledge of Screen Printing on Soft and Hard Goods
- Inventory Management
- Obsessive on Details
- Articulate and Persuasive
- Brilliant with a Spreadsheet
- Initiative and Intrinsic Motivation
- Strong Team Player and Leader
- CRM Experience a Bonus
- Able to Lift 30 lb box
- Production & Inventory: 70%
- Create Stock + Custom Purchase Orders within 48 Hours of Order Release
- Manage Order Backlog to Ensure Order Flow
- Negotiate Best Pricing, Delivery with Vendors
- Track on Released Orders, Shipments
- Proofing for Correct and Approved Art to Factory with PO
- Monitor Quality + Obtain Credits on Factory Errors
- Drive Factory Production to Optimum Speed
- Monitor + Reorder In Stock + Blank Inventory
- Ensure Decorators and Factories Meet Quality Standards
- Update Costing Model and Pricing Structure
- Project Sales by SKU to Order (evaluate sell through speed)
- Accounting: 10%
- Reconcile + Approve or Correct Vendor Invoices
- Submit for Payment to Accounting
- Sales Support & Product Developmoent: 10%
- Prototyping for Large Projects + New Items
- Project Manage/Sales Orders for Major Customers
- Volume Pricing Matrix Maintained and Updated
- Custom Product Costing
- Maintain Item/Pricing Updates in Order Management System
- Wholesale Price List Updated Weekly
- Warehouse & Fulfillment: 10%
- Assist in Oversight of Warehouse Staffing
Please send a 1-page cover letter that demonstrates your interest in Mercantile 12 and your skills and capability in this role and your resume to:
Janet Tupper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Brand Manager oversees all aspects of marketing & branding, working under the President/Creative Director. The ideal candidate is a creative, meticulous professional who is passionate about wine country, the wine industry, products, and high-quality design. They have a marketing and/or background and can excel in a leadership role. They are obsessed with growing a small business and can provide tangible results, while being self-starting, motivated, and dedicated. They want to be an integral building block in a growing company and will feel gratified by being personally involved in its success. They “get” the challenges and quirks of a small start-up business and embrace it all with a gung-ho attitude!
- Brand Management
- Ensuring all design materials fit within Mercantile 12 visual standards
- Following appropriate copy style and brand voice
- Track on events that will need branding collateral (banners, ads, etc)
- Coordinates with Graphic Designer on bigger branding projects
- Managing Wholesale, Retail, & Weddings WordPress sites
- Update pricing, images, headers, slideshow images
- Working with web developer contractor to make bigger updates
- Daily use of Hootsuite to monitor community engagement
- Generates social media content
- Running marketing campaigns across web, email, social, print
- Leading bi-weekly marketing meetings with staff
- Creating weekly wholesale marketing emails
- Spearheading marketing opportunities with affiliates and influencers
- Assisting art and production departments in sourcing new products
- Developing packaging concepts with President/Creative Director & Graphic Designer
- Working on photo shoots and helping stage and art direct
Required Skills & Qualities:
• 2+ years experience in a marketing or design role, or equitable equivalent
• Aptitude for leadership and management
• Proficient in WordPress
• Proficient in Hootsuite
• Expert in marketing and social media strategies
• Expert copy-writer
• Excellent eye for design
Desired Skills & Qualities:
• Graphic design background would be a huge bonus!
• Comfortable in Adobe Creative Suite
• Zoho/CRM experience
• A great marketing intuition that would help you learn all these systems on the fly!
This is a part-time role at a scrappy start-up with the opportunity to grow into full time!
Compensation hourly. Job is based in our Napa office.
Please send a 1-page cover letter that demonstrates your interest in Mercantile 12 and your skills and capability in this role, your resume, and link to any relevant work to:
Dylan Rupert at email@example.com.
Thanks for your interest and we’re looking forward to reviewing your work!
We’re currently hiring for two Napa-area freelancers:
FREELANCE WordPress Designer/Developer
FREELANCE Product/Lifestyle Photographer
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and with links to your work. Thank you!