Mercantile 12 is hiring!
for Napa-based opportunities.
The Brand Manager oversees all aspects of marketing & branding, working under the President/Creative Director. The ideal candidate is a creative, meticulous professional who is passionate about wine country, the wine industry, products, and high-quality design. They have a marketing and/or background and can excel in a leadership role. They are obsessed with growing a small business and can provide tangible results, while being self-starting, motivated, and dedicated. They want to be an integral building block in a growing company and will feel gratified by being personally involved in its success. They “get” the challenges and quirks of a small start-up business and embrace it all with a gung-ho attitude!
- Brand Management
- Ensuring all design materials fit within Mercantile 12 visual standards
- Following appropriate copy style and brand voice
- Track on events that will need branding collateral (banners, ads, etc)
- Coordinates with Graphic Designer on bigger branding projects
- Managing Wholesale, Retail, & Weddings WordPress sites
- Update pricing, images, headers, slideshow images
- Working with web developer contractor to make bigger updates
- Daily use of Hootsuite to monitor community engagement
- Generates social media content
- Running marketing campaigns across web, email, social, print
- Leading bi-weekly marketing meetings with staff
- Creating weekly wholesale marketing emails
- Spearheading marketing opportunities with affiliates and influencers
- Assisting art and production departments in sourcing new products
- Developing packaging concepts with President/Creative Director & Graphic Designer
- Working on photo shoots and helping stage and art direct
Required Skills & Qualities:
• 2+ years experience in a marketing or design role, or equitable equivalent
• Aptitude for leadership and management
• Proficient in WordPress
• Proficient in Hootsuite
• Expert in marketing and social media strategies
• Expert copy-writer
• Excellent eye for design
Desired Skills & Qualities:
• Graphic design background would be a huge bonus!
• Comfortable in Adobe Creative Suite
• Zoho/CRM experience
• A great marketing intuition that would help you learn all these systems on the fly!
This is a part-time role at a scrappy start-up with the opportunity to grow into full time!
Compensation hourly. Job is based in our Napa office.
Please send a 1-page cover letter that demonstrates your interest in Mercantile 12 and your skills and capability in this role, your resume, and link to any relevant work to:
Dylan Rupert at email@example.com.
Thanks for your interest and we’re looking forward to reviewing your work!
We’re currently hiring for two Napa-area freelancers:
FREELANCE WordPress Designer/Developer
FREELANCE Product/Lifestyle Photographer
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and with links to your work. Thank you!